When it comes to face wash we have a myriad variety right from simple ones to AHA, BHA based ones. Out of all these the face wash powder remains the classic ones. It is being used since ages to wash the face or body.
I am an ardent lover of face wash powder and recently made a herbal face wash powder after finishing off all of my face wash powders.
With regular use of powder face wash I notice my skin looks fresh and experiences lesser breakouts. Although these can’t replace the foaming face washes we use, they still help cleanse our skin with consistent use.
I have made a very simple powder which you can make on your own. You can even skip a few ingredients if they are unavailable at your end and the powder will still give you a squeaky clean face.
Before we proceed let us check the pointers to be noted while using the herbal face wash powder
- Please patch test before using
- The face wash can be used as a morning cleanser or as a face pack
- It will not be able to remove make-up
- Containa no significant exfoliating scrub particles, so don’t rub harshly
- Might not suit sensitive skin due to a few ingredients
- Do not add excess gram flour else the product gets bad soon.
Ingredients of herbal face wash powder
- 1 teaspoon gram flour powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of avarampoo powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of vettiver powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of rose petals powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of wild turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of multani mitti powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of neem powder (optional)
- Take a dry bowl
- Add all the above mentioned ingredients
- Mix well and store in an airtight container
How to use?
- Take required amount of face wash powder
- Mix with water or any liquid of your choice
- Make a smooth paste and apply on wet face
- Work upon the face in small circular motions. Do not rub harshly.
- Wash off with normal or lukewarm water
- Follow up with your moisturizer
Ingredient wise benefits
- Gram flour – cleanses and softens the skin
- Avarampoo – helps in clarifying the skin
- Vetiver – has cooling properties
- Rose petal powder – has toning and soothing properties
- Neem – known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory benefits
- Wild turmeric – reduces acne marks and pigmentation with regular use
- Multani mitti – reduces excess oil
After checking out the above DIY you might notice that a few ingredients are purely optional as not all skin types can tolerate them.
We hope you enjoy using this DIY Herbal Face Wash Powder. Do let us know if you like this blog post.