Last updated on 3 September, 2022
Ponds always comes up with some really affordable products such as Pond’s Super Light Gel or Pond’s BB cream. I totally like both the products so I thought of giving their Vitamin C Serum a try. Let’s dive into the Ponds Vitamin C Serum review.
Benefits of using a Vitamin C Serum
- Promotes Collagen Production
- Helps in achieving bright, healthy skin
- Reduces discoloration and inflammation
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Gives an even toned skin
Ponds Vitamin C Serum Review
- Pond’s Bright Beauty Vitamin C serum gives your skin the goodness of natural ingredients – Infused with lemon, green papaya and pomegranate extracts, this serum gives glowing skin
- Lightweight & non-greasy feel: The serum texture is light and absorbs quickly into your skin, without making it feel heavy and sticky.
Ponds Vitamin C Face Serum Ingredients
Water, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Carica Papaya Fruit Juice, Citrus Limon Juice, Limonia Acidissima Wood Powder, Pachyrhizus Erosus Root Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Juice, Maltodextrin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Perfume, Sodium Gluconate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG-4 Laurate, PEG-4 Dilaurate, Polyethylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool
Price, Shelf life and Availability
499 INR for 30ml with a shelf life of 2 years
Packaging, Texture and Fragrance
The Ponds Vitamin C Serum is bottled in a dark coloured glass bottle with a dropper. The dropper works just fine and dispenses a good amount of serum with each pump. The serum is water based with watery consistency but is milky in appearance. One might need to use two pumps for each usage it you are using it on neck as well. The product has a weird fragrance since it contains lemon, pomegranate and raw papaya extracts along with some fragrance. It just feels bitter when you apply it. Although the fragrance fades away quickly.
My experience with Ponds Vitamin C Serum
The serum is truly light weight, non greasy in nature. I sometimes end up using a little extra amount and my skin didn’t feel uncomfortable or itchy or irritated. The serum doesn’t leave any residue kind of feeling whatsoever even if you use extra amount. The product is easily absorbed into the skin. Being a water based serum, one can easily use a moisturizer or sunscreen (during day time) on top of it.
The vitamin C derivative used is 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid which is pretty stable form and has highest ascorbic acid content in it. I have stored the serum since a long time in cool and dark place and it hasn’t oxidised as such. The product texture, consistency and colour is as good as it was when I got it a few months back.
Speaking of the effects of the serum, it does brighten up the skin giving it a soft glow. I didn’t face any tingling sensation while using the serum (even when I used extra amount). I have used it even daily at night to see if my skin faces any irritation, but it didn’t irritate my skin. With regular use the skin definitely glows up and white heads reduce considerably. Upon application, the skin immediately feels plumped up and smooth.
I haven’t noticed much difference in my pigmentation but it did reduce my acne marks within 3 weeks. Also it’s highly recommended to use sun protection while using the serum during day time.
The only problem is the fragrance of the serum. It feels bitter whenever I apply the serum. The percentage of the vitamin C in the serum is also unknown. Using a serum with certain percentage of Vitamin C gives an idea of the effects as well as suitability for sensitive skin types.
- Made with 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, glycerine, Lecithin and other star ingredients
- Suitable for all skin types except sensitive skin
- Makes the skin moisturized and smooth
- Gives bright and glowing skin with regular use
- Texture is very lightweight without any greasy feeling
- Improves the skin texture
- Can be layered under a moisturizer or sunscreen due to watery consistency
- Beginner friendly Vitamin C Serum due to non irritating formula
- Doesn’t tingle or irritate the skin even when applied in excess
- Contains fragrance
- Percentage of Vitamin C in the serum is not known
- Fragrance feels very bitter although it’s not too lingering
Ponds Vitamin C Serum Review
The serum has a beautiful watery consistency and is absorbed into the skin easily. It doesn’t give any greasy or stretched feeling to the skin. It brings in a soft glow and brightening effect to the skin with regular use. One can consider this as an affordable option for including vitamin C in the skincare routine. Owing to the non irritating formula Vitamin C Serum can be considered as a beginner friendly Vitamin C Serum. However the brand hasn’t disclosed the strength of vitamin c in it. Sensitive skinned beauties might have to skip this, as it contains fragrance. All in all a good option to include in the routine but definitely not a must have. I will not repurchase this one as I have used other serums that have already worked beautiful.