In my skincare journey, one thing I have learnt the hard way, oils don’t go well with my oily, acne prone skin. Along the journey I also realized that using an oil free moisturizer was a game changer for me. Today am penning Plum Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer Review, to help you decide whether the product is worth it or not.
Brand Claims (taken from Plum website)
lightweight, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic face moisturizer – hydrates and helps combat acne, leaving a matte, fresh feeling on skin. If dullness, acne and oiliness ring any bell to your problems then this moisturizer is a must in your daily skincare routine.
The fascinating ingredients that we have packed in this little bottle are what makes this plum one of its kind:
- Green Tea – To load your skin with anti-oxidants and keep acne at bay
- Niacinamide – Reduces acne and gives your skin the radiance it deserves!
- Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) – For the instant plump and moisture for your skin
- Squalane – Improves skin elasticity, controls sebum production and keeps your skin moisturized for a long-long time.
- Kakadu Plum – Increases hydration, collagen production and it reduces acne and rejuvenates your skin like never before!
- Willow Bark Extracts – Has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin
Plum Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer Ingredients
Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Betaine, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Niacinamide, Willow Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Squalane, Cyclodextrin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitol, Sodium Gluconate
Price, Shelf life and Availability
470 INR for 50ml with a shelf life of 2 years. Available on Plum website, Amazon, Nykaa & offline in Health and Glow stores.
Packaging, Texture and Fragrance
The Oil Free Moisturizer is housed in a sleek, airless pump up bottle. The bottle is sleek and very travel friendly. The bottle has a cap which fits in perfectly and won’t open on it’s own if you tuck it in your vanity bag or skincare bag. The texture of the moisturizer looks like gel in cream although upon application it feels watery and gel sort. The product is free from fragrance, although the formulation itself has a little fragrance, it is absolutely non lingering, so no worries there.
My experience with Plum Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer
Plum Green Tea oil free moisturizer is a gel cream sort of moisturizer, which has a nice runny consistency. The texture of the product is gel and while you apply the moisturizer to your face, it might take some time to absorb into the skin. Once it is absorbed, it leaves almost zero residue behind. When I say almost zero residue, it also depends on the amount you use for each use. I use almost three pumps per use and using anything more than this feels like a film on my skin. I tend to use the moisturizer in my morning skincare routine without any toner.
The oil free moisturizer sufficiently hydrates oily, combination skin without any irritation. I can see a little skin plumping up if I apply it immediately after my shower in the morning. The product claims to be artificial fragrance free although the formula itself has a faint fragrance. The fragrance fades away as soon as you finish applying the moisturizer. I have used the moisturizer beneath an oil free sunscreen as well as under Pond’s BB cream. I sweat a bit on my upper lips and nose when I apply this underneath my sunscreen. While applying sunscreen I tend to use a little quantity, as excess of this can form a film and sunscreen might crumble up while applying.
I would say that the Plum Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer a very good lightweight, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic oil free moisturizer for oily skin. It works more like a hydrator than a moisturizer. The product contains Sodium Hyaluronate that is Hyaluronic Acid as well as Green Tea and Kakadu Plum extracts along with Niacinamide which indeed is a dream team. Plum oil free moisturizer would easily fit into any skincare routine as well as in skincare layering for other skin types like normal, dry, combination. The product might seem pricey for the quantity offered, although Plum as a brand has offers all round the year.
- Contains Green Tea, Niacinamide,Sodium Hyaluronate, Squalane, Kakadu Plum, Willow Bark Extracts
- Lightweight, Oil Free, Fragrance free moisturizer
- Sufficiently hydrates oily, combination acne prone skin
- Skin stays oil free for almost 6 hours after application
- Will work for other skin types in layering
- Upon application doesn’t feel as if we have applied anything
- Gel in cream consistency but gets applied as gel
- Sleek, pump packaging which is convenient to use
- Almost leaves zero residue without sticky, greasy if not applied in excess
- Works well under a sunscreen as well as BB cream
- 100% vegan formula
- Peta certified brand
- Packaging is recyclable and Plum takes back their empties
- A bit pricey for the quantity offered although often found at discount
Plum Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer Review
Plum Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer is one of the best oil free moisturizer in India. I have used many oil free moisturizers available in India and this one comes close to being a winner so far. The ingredients list, packaging, texture, consistency everything is pretty satisfactory. The price might seem a little heavy on pocket, although the product will easily last you minimum one month if used once daily. The actual effects of ingredients in the product needs to be assessed after months of regular usage. The product is meant to be used by oily, acne prone skin although it can be used by other skin types as a serum in skincare layering. If you are looking for an oil free moisturizer in India, then give this one a try. It is a perfect pick for the summers and day to day use.