Today am posting the Cipla Saslic Face wash review. I picked up the face wash during Black Friday sale directly from Apollo pharmacy store and got it at a good deal. I have been using the face wash regularly since many weeks and can say vouch that it is good, drugstore salicylic acid face wash for oily and acne prone skin.
Saslic contains Salicylic acid which belongs to the group of medicines called keratolytic agents. It is used to treat and prevent acne outbreaks in patients having considerably oily skin. This medicine should be used as part of your daily cleansing routine for maximum results.
- Salicylic acid allows the epidermal cells to slough off and clears the clogged follicles of the skin, which reduces pimple formation
- Saslic Face Wash contains 1% of salicylic acid. It acts as a peeling agent that helps to shed the top layer of skin to open up follicles that are clogged and are causing acne
- It also helps in the growth of new skin cells, and gives skin a fresher and younger look
- Saslic foaming face wash should be used as part of the daily cleansing routine for the treatment and prevention of acne for people with oily skin
Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco Isostearamide, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, Tetrasodium Edta, Perfume, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Purified Water.
Price, Shelf life and Availability
378 INR for 60 ml with a shelf life of 2 years from date of manufacture. Available in any medical store as well as online.
How do you use Cipla salicylic acid face wash?
- Take two pumps and gently apply the foam all over the wet face avoiding eyes and surrounding areas.
- Allow it to remain for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Use according to your skin tolerance
Packaging, Texture and Fragrance
The face wash is available in a transparent bottle with a pump packaging that dispenses foam directly. The packaging is travel friendly as the cap fits tightly and the face wash does not leak from the bottle. Cipla Saslic Face wash has a clinical fragrance sort of alcohol and is very mild. It neither lingers nor causes any problem to my oily, acne prone skin. The product texture is foamy, like the frothy foam. The dispenser foams the right amount needed for each use.
My experience with Cipla Saslic Face Wash
The face wash directly dispenses foam so we don’t really need to take it on the palm and massage it. We just need to smoother the foam on our face and keep it on for 20-30 seconds. I use my son’s sand timer that we got with his tooth brush. The best part is auto foam dispenser since you don’t need to keep on foaming on your palm, apply and wait.
The face wash gently exfoliates the skin while revealing clear skin with each use. It contains 1% salicylic acid which thoroughly cleanses the skin without drying it at all. I have used the face wash twice a day too and haven’t noticed any tightness, drying or flaking of my skin. Whenever I keep the foam on for 30 seconds I feel how my skin feels clean and bright. I have sometimes tried massaging the foam on my skin too only to notice some zits the next day. So don’t make this mistake of rubbing the foam on your skin, just let it work on your skin on its own. I have also used this face wash along with a vitamin C serum and it did not irritate my skin at all.
While travelling I had a cystic acne that reduced in size but didn’t subside totally. After I started using Cipla Saslic Face wash, the acne vanished without leaving a mark. I did notice a little skin peeling near acne area but that was nothing a moisturizer couldn’t fix. I have noticed a visibly clear skin these days. Although I really don’t get much acne so this works may work for someone who has mild acne problem. Someone who has moderate acne or frequent acne can consult a dermatologist or an aesthetician for the same.
However, the face wash doesn’t work that good on whiteheads. I agree salicylic acid is a good ingredient, however my whiteheads feel cleansed but don’t reduce much in size. I remember how my whiteheads showed a noticeable reduction with use of AHAglow face wash. Still I am not complaining as Cipla Saslic Face wash doesn’t irritate or cause any sensitivity to my skin.
Cipla Saslic Face wash Benefits
- Formulation consists of 1% salicylic acid, glycerin alongwith other ingredients
- Affordable, drugstore based salicylic acid face wash for oily skin
- Travel friendly and compact packaging
- Cleanses the skin nicely while removing any excess oil on the skin surface
- Perfect for oily, acne prone skin
- Does not dry out my skin even after using twice per day
- Exfoliates the skin gently while making it clear with each use
- Helps reduce acne size without any irritation
- Exfoliates the cystic acne skin without irritating it
Cipla Saslic Face wash side effects
- Doesn’t work that good on whiteheads
Cipla Saslic Face wash Review
I like the efficacy, affordable price of Cipla Saslic Face Wash. It performs the job of exfoliating the skin perfectly without irritating it. Whatever one or two acne I get is reduced in a matter of week. It also helps in clearing up the skin and keeps it fresh and glowing. If you have oily, acne prone skin, I would highly recommend you to try out this face wash at least once. I am going to repurchase this face wash for sure. People who face mild acne problem can definitely give this a try. The face wash doesn’t prevent any hormonal breakouts but the ones caused by clogged pores definitely are reduced.