After using Himalaya Night Cream for my oily skin, thought I had found my holy grail night cream. But how wrong I was. I had also used a sample size of Plum Green Tea Clarity Renewed Night Gel and I thought it was like any other gel cream similar to aloe gel. How wrong I was?
Brand Claims of Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel
Tried night cream after night cream and still waking up unhappily every morning with oily skin? Presenting a breakthrough, award-winning night moisturizer especially designed for oily skin. Experience the refreshing texture of this night gel enriched with plant nutrients. We’ve chosen argan oil (a known non-comedogenic moisturizer) to get you balanced hydration.
Ingredients of Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel
Aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, argania spinsosa (argan) oil, betaine, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, fragrance, ci 19140, ci 42090,glycolic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, lycium barbarum (goji) fruit extract, , phenoxyethanol, salix nigra (willow) bark extract
Ingredient Goodness of Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel
- Argan oil – Rich in essential fatty acids, or EFAs, which support the health and beauty of the skin and hair it is the perfect ingredient for regulating sebum production to keep the skin’s natural oils at a healthy level.
- Green tea extracts – Concentrated source of polyphenols and other antioxidants, to stop the acne formation cycle in its tracks. Oxidation of skin-produced sebum is a key step in acne formation – something we are looking to stop here.
- Glycolic acid – Sweeps away skin debris and prepares the skin for self-renewal. Our goodness chemists know exactly what’s required to do the job without overdoing it.
Packaging, Texture, Fragrance –
The packaging is pretty nice, heavy frosted glass jar with a double lid. I like the packaging as it gives the luxurious brand feeling 😁. The night gel is of course gel in texture which isn’t runny at all. It has a very light weight texture without any oily feel. The gel doesn’t slip on hands or fingers once you try to scoop out from the tub while applying. This texture reminds me of the texture which is when we try adding oils to the aloe gel. However this gel is neither watery nor oily. The gel has a faint hint of green, very faint. The gel as such has no overpowering fragrance, but a faint fragrance which the whole Green Tea range of Plum has. I love the fragrance! Although some might find the fragrance artificial.
The gel gets absorbed into the skin as soon as you apply it. I am absolutely stumped by the fast absorbing capacity of the gel. The gel leaves zero sticky or oily feeling on the skin. Plus while doing so it also doesn’t give a heavy hydrating effect also. The balanced hydration claim of the brand is so true that it absolutely hydrates the skin perfectly while giving zero sticky or greasy feels.
Recently I am not able to follow a consistent skincare routine due to my hectic schedule. Result, I had to deal with some big cystic acnes. So after shrugging my laziness I again started my night skincare routine wherein I used this night gel consistently for 10 days and my acne has reduced completely without leaving a considerable mark. Earlier also I was using the gel but I didn’t find any difference in the skin since I had no acne at that time. The gel also leaves the skin very plump, hydrated, even toned. Even in the morning the skin looks refreshing and plump. The major concern is it reduces my acne. As of the clarity claim of the brand I haven’t seen a considerable difference in the acne marks or pigmentation. But am not concerned about it the moment. All I can say is this is the best night gel an acne prone oily skin can get.
I have been on retinoid, based on my esthetician’s advice so when am not using retionids I use this green tea night gel cream. Plum green tea night gel can be considered as a safe alternative for people looking to use glycolic acid in their routine. Also this is a best bet for people who are quite familiar with using actives in their skincare routine. I would definitely suggest you to try it out if you are looking to try any glycolic acid based products in your routine.
Benefits of Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel
- Fortified with Argan Oil, Green Tea, Glycolic Acid
- Reduces the size of my existing acne
- Truly light-weight formula
- Gel-like texture which is easy to spread on the skin
- Absolutely, non oily, non-greasy and non-sticky
- Super quick absorbing formula
- Hydrates and plumps the skin over night
- Very refreshing and soothing for the skin
- Doesn’t irritate active acne
- Skin feels soft and plump in the morning
- Regular usage of 6 months reduces pigmentation and acne marks to reveal bright skin
- 100% Vegan, PETA certified Brand
- Paraben-free, phthalate-free
Side effects of Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel
- A bit pricey for the quantity offered although can be often spotted on discount
- Gives a burning sensation if you try to rub the gel into the skin excessively (due to glycolic acid)
- Percentage of Glycolic Acid present in the product is not mentioned on product, brand website or packaging
Price, Shelf life and Availability – 575 INR for 50 gms often on discounts (I got it at 46% off :D). Shelf life of 2 years and available easily on major shopping portals.
Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel Review
Plum Green Tea Clarity Renewed Night Gel has been a saviour for my skin when I had big acne due to not so regular skincare routine. I have used it on and off only to see that my skin feels refreshing and plump in the morning with reduced acne sizes. With regular usage of some years (update of April 2020) it has reduced my pigmentation and acne marks. Plum green tea night gel can be considered as a safe alternative for people looking to use glycolic acid in their routine. Also this is a best bet for people who are quite familiar with using actives in their skincare routine.
What more can an oily acne prone skin ask for? I am soon going to repurchase it. I would suggest this as a good night cream for oily skin.