Last updated on 24 September, 2022
Dot and Key Watermelon Face Wash has a nice watermelon fragrance to it that doesn’t feel artificial or strong. The face wash is a good addition to your skincare routine as a morning cleanser or as a second cleanser in double cleansing. Read further the Dot and Key Watermelon Face Wash Review.
- Dot & Key Watermelon Glow Vitamin C Face Wash contains the goodness of Watermelon, Vitamin C & Cucumber
- A gentle sulphate-free face wash for men and women, it cleanses without drying the skin out
- Removes excess oil, dirt, grime, and pollution while keeping the skin barrier intact
- Gently exfoliates while cleanses to clear dead cells, unclog pores & boost skin glow
- Reduces redness and irritation while providing the skin with balanced hydration
Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerine, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Citric Acid, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin (and) Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, IFRA Certified Allergen Free Fragrance, CI 16185
Price, Shelf life and Availability
395 INR (my bottle has 495 INR as price, maybe they reduced the price now) for 120ml with a shelf life of 2 years from date of manufacturing. Easily available online.
Packaging, Texture and Fragrance
The product is housed in a light pink squeeze tube packaging. The squeezable tube is plastic and has a white flip top cap. Packaging is basic, sturdy and travel friendly. The face wash has a gel consistency that has a baby pink tinge. The face wash has a pleasant fragrance of watermelon coupled with cucumber that is very faint and non bothering. The texture of the face wash is a little runny. It lathers up easily even in hard water. You will need just a pea sized amount to use in the evening routine.
My experience with Dot and Key Watermelon Face Wash
The face wash sufficiently cleanses the skin but doesn’t make it squeaky clean. It leaves the skin bright and plump with every use. In spite of having Vitamin C as an ingredient it doesn’t irritate the skin. The brightening effect doesn’t last long, but the hydrating effect does last for quite a good time. The face wash is more of a hydrating one rather than cleansing one.
Even if I use this face wash thrice per day, I couldn’t notice any zits due to dehydration. The face wash doesn’t dry out the skin or make it tight even when used with lukewarm or little hot water. The hydrating effect of it is real and very much evident.
Whenever I use this face wash I feel as though it doesn’t cleanse my oily t-zone so I just massage it a little bit more than the rest of the face. I would say this face wash is more suitable for dry, normal and combination skin types rather than oily skin.
Due to the hydrating properties of the face wash, it is best used as a morning cleanser or as a second step in the double cleansing routine. I find the fragrance very pleasing to the senses and kind of sweet for anyone’s liking. It is neither bothering or lingering as such nor does it feel artificial in any sense. It feels as if fresh watermelon or cucumber is being cut.
If you are looking for a face wash to include in your evening routine to remove the sunscreen or before calling it a day then this is not it. Dot and Key Watermelon Face Wash is more suitable as a morning cleanser and as a second cleanser in double cleansing.
- Contains the goodness of Watermelon, Vitamin C & Cucumber
- Cleanses the skin gently while hydrating it a lot
- Best used as a morning cleanser or as a second step in double cleansing
- Doesn’t dry out the skin or cause irritation even if you use it thrice a day
- Brightens the skin nicely and works good for dry, normal and combination skin types
- Foams up nicely even in hard water supply
- Doesn’t contain any artificial fragrance
- Smells awesome of watermelon with a hint of cucumber
- Pretty good quantity for the price offered
- Affordable sulphate free face wash (mostly on discounts)
- Travel friendly packaging
- Doesn’t work much on whiteheads
- Might not give squeaky clean feel for oily, acne prone skin
Dot and Key Watermelon Face Wash Review
The face wash cleanses, brightens and hydrates the skin with each use. However, it doesn’t work much on whiteheads or leaves the skin squeaky clean. The face wash brightens the skin considerably and has a sweet and mild watermelon fragrance which makes the experience worth it. Dot and Key Watermelon Face Wash is more suitable as a morning cleanser and/or as a second cleanser in double cleansing. It will work good for dry, normal and sensitive skin types rather than oily, acne prone skin type. Grab it at a discount and you won’t regret using the face wash.