Last updated on 19 September, 2023
If I have to choose one ingredient for oily, acne prone skin then it has to be salicylic acid. The best way to introduce it in your routine is by using a salicylic acid face wash. Dot and Key Cica face wash is one such salicylic acid based face wash that tames away clogged pores and acne like a charm. Let us dive into the Dot and Key Cica Face Wash Review.
- Dot & Key Cica Calming Face Wash is formulated with Cica, Green Tea and Salicylic for acne and acne scars
- Sulphate-free face wash for sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin
- Kills acne causing bacteria, reducing active acne & prevent further breakouts
- Mildly exfoliates to break down blockages & clear clogged, congested pores
- This Cica Calming Face Wash for oily skin contains no added synthetic fragrance
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Centella Asiatica (Cica) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Zinc PCA, Lactobacillus/Pear Juice Ferment Filtrate (and) Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract (and) Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (and) Rehmannia Chinensis Root Extract (and) Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract (and) Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract (and) Houttuynia Cordata Extract (and) Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Camphor, Benzophenone – 4, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin (and) Tocopherol, CI 19140, CI 42090
Price, Shelf life and Availability
395 INR (my bottle has 495 INR as price, maybe they reduced the price now) for 120ml with a shelf life of 2 years from date of manufacturing. Easily available online.
Packaging, Texture and Fragrance
The product is housed in a light yellow green squeeze packaging. The squeezable tube is plastic and has a white flip cap. Packaging is basic, sturdy and travel friendly. The face wash has a gel consistency that has a faint green tinge. The face wash has a pleasant fragrance of tea tree essential oil which is very faint and non lingering. The texture of the face wash is quite runny and is dispensed as soon as you open up the cap. It lathers up easily and you will need just a pea sized amount to use in the evening routine.
My experience with Dot and Key Cica Face Wash
The face wash gently exfoliates the skin while reducing acne and acne marks. It not only cleanses the skin but also makes it bright and clear with each use. The best part is the face wash doesn’t dry out the skin or cause any irritation. But then one must not use the face wash everyday or twice a day. Using the face wash in your PM routine on alternate days is enough to show results.
The face wash has a faint fragrance of tea tree essential oil and is absolutely not lingering or bothering. The face wash is free from sulphate and artificial fragrance.
I had two under the skin acne that reduced in size considerably after I started using this face wash. The acne has left a subtle mark and I have noticed a visibly clear skin these days. Although I really don’t get much acne except the hormonal ones. This may work for someone who has mild acne problems. Someone who has moderate or frequent acne can consult a dermatologist or an aesthetician for the same.
However, the face wash doesn’t work that well on whiteheads. I know salicylic acid is a good ingredient, however my whiteheads neither feel cleansed nor do they reduce much in size. I haven’t tried using this face wash for removing sunscreen since I mostly use an oil cleanser for that.
- Formulation consists of 2% salicylic acid, Green Tea, tea tree essential oil, Cica along with other ingredients
- Exfoliates the skin gently while making it clear with each use
- Reduces clogged pores and under the skin acne visibly in a matter of few days without any irritation
- Doesn’t dry out the skin or cause irritation even if you use it twice a day ( but don’t use it everyday)
- Brightens the skin nicely and works good for oily, acne prone skin
- Foams up nicely even in hard water supply
- Doesn’t contain any artificial fragrance
- Smells faintly of tea tree essential oil with a hint of peppermint essential oil
- Pretty good quantity for the price offered
- Affordable salicylic acid face wash for all skin types (mostly on discounts)
- Travel friendly packaging
- Doesn’t work much on whiteheads
Dot and Key Cica Face Wash Review
After using this face wash I can definitely say that it is a good one to tame under the skin acne and congested pores. My skin had some two big under the skin bumps which gradually reduced after I used this face wash for straight eight days. Moreover, it does not dry out the skin even if you use it twice per day but check out for signs of dryness or irritation if you have dry, normal skin type. The product is quite affordable and you get a good quantity too. Dot & Key Cica Face Wash is formulated with a bunch of acne fighting ingredients such as Salicylic acid, Cica, Green tea and Tea Tree Leaf Oil. It mildly exfoliates the skin to reduce and clear clogged pores. This SLS free face wash for oily and acne-prone skin kills acne causing bacteria, reduces active acne & prevent further breakouts