If you are a skincare fanatic you would have probably heard of rosehip oil. It is immensely popular and favourite amongst natural beauty enthusiasts owing to its clarifying and rejuvenating properties. Contrary to the popular belief, rosehip oil is not extracted from rose petals. It is extracted from the fruit as well as seeds of the rose plant. It can be sourced from the wild rose plants such as the rosa canina, rosa rubiginosa or rosa moschata. Today we will be checking the best rosehip oil in India.
Rosehip oil is a dry, non greasy oil which makes it a good natural moisturizer or a sealant as last step in the skincare routine. However, if you have acne prone skin you may have to cut down the usage frequency.
Benefits of rosehip oil for skin
- Rosehip oil is rich in essential fatty acids namely linoleic and linolenic acid. Essential fatty acids are one of the main moisturizing elements for the skin. They can help to maintain the skin’s barrier and make it resilient. Regular and consistent use of linoleic acid may help reduce acne.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 in rosehip oil help moisturise as well as repair the skin. The vitamin A, C help in slowing down the ageing process. Moisturized skin is less prone to external environment stressors.
- Rosehip oil contains vitamins A and C. Vitamin A speeds up the skin cell turnover whereas Vitamin C aids in cell regeneration as well as brightens the skin.
- It may help boost collagen production. As we age the skin tends to lose collagen which is essential for skin elasticity and firmness.
- Rich in polyphenols and anthocyanin, it may help reduce inflammation. The vitamin E content also helps in anti-inflammatory effects.
- The vitamin A content of rosehip oil makes it a good ingredient to reduce hyperpigmentation. It can also help reduce visible signs of aging with regular long term use. The lycopene and beta carotene content may help with hyperpigmentation reduction.
- Rosehip oil can also help reduce scars and fine lines. The rich fatty acids and antioxidants, help in moisturizing the skin whereas vitamin A, C help exfoliation and cell regeneration in the skin.
Best Rosehip Oil in India
- Juicy Chemistry 100% Organic Rosehip Seed Oil
- Earth Rhythm Organic Rosehip Seed Facial Oil
- Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
- Suganda Pure Rosehip Oil
- Soulflower Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil
- Nature’s Tattva Cold Pressed Raw Rosehip Oil
- Vilvah Pure Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Carrier Oil
- Blend It Raw Apothecary Rosehip Oil
Juicy Chemistry 100% Organic Rosehip Seed Oil
Juicy Chemistry Rosehip oil is Cosmos organic certified by Ecocert according to COSMOS standard. The ingredients are freshly harvested, used without any processing and extracted by cold pressed method. The ingredients are also sourced ethically and sustainably. The Juicy Chemistry rosehip oil is rich red, orange in color with a subtle woody fragrance. If you are looking for 100% organic rosehip oil the Juicy Chemistry can be the best rosehip oil in India. Price – 800 INR for 30ml
Earth Rhythm Organic Rosehip Seed Facial Oil
Earth Rhythm rosehip oil is cold pressed as well certified organic. The brand claims rosehip seed oil is good for dehydrated and itchy skin. Rich in Vitamin A it fights against age spots and wrinkles while boosting collagen production. It penetrates into the skin to hydrate and nourish the skin. Price – 625 INR for 30ml
Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil contains 70% essential fatty acids as claimed by the brand. It also contains vitamins to soothe, soften and hydrate the skin. The unique face oil nurtures the skin with its nutrient content, and can be used regularly to help relieve redness due to dry/itchy skin. It helps maintain optimal skin health. Sukin claims the oil to be fast absorbing that leaves skin looking and feeling radiant and healthy. In this list of best rosehip oil in India, this one is the costliest. Price – 1795 INR for 25 ml
Suganda Pure Rosehip Oil
Suganda rosehip Oil replenishes the skin with intense moisture while giving a radiant glow. The brand claims it to be pure, cold pressed oil and rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin A. This makes it ultimate face oil for repairing sun damage and reducing signs of aging. It can also be used on stretch marks. Price – 599 INR for 30ml
Soulflower Rosehip Oil
Soulflower rosehip oil is a 100% pure, natural, vegan and cold pressed oil. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally it softens the skin while giving it a plumper, firmer and more youthful look. Price – 800 INR for 30ml
Nature’s Tattva Cold Pressed Raw Rosehip Oil
Nature’s Tattva Rosehip Oil is sourced from the pristine locales of the Himalayas. Brand Claims it to be 100% organic, pure and untouched. The color of Nature’s Tattva rosehip oil is amber or dark reddish colour. In this list of best rosehip oil in India, Nature’s Tattva offers it at an affordable price. Price – 630 INR for 50 ml
Vilvah Pure Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Carrier Oil
The Vilvah Rosehip Seed Oil is known as miracle skincare oil. It is extracted from the seeds of rose bushes and is full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. The brand claims that it effectively reduces the stretch marks, calms itchy, dry and irritated skin. It not only repairs and renews dry and damaged hair but also reduces fine lines. Price – 580 INR for 30ml
Blend It Raw Apothecary Rosehip Oil
I have personally used Blend It Raw Rosehip oil and can vouch for the glow it gives. It is made by using the traditional cold press method on seeds of rosehip tree fruit. The brand claims that daily use of the oil can give a visible glow, reduction in pigmentation, acne marks as well as sun spots and scars. Price – 850 INR for 50ml
We hope you find this blog post about best rosehip oil in India. Do consider subscribing to the blog for regular updates.
Rosehip oil can be used on face, hair as well as lips. You can add a few drops on your scalp and massage a bit. Some even use it on under eye are, however a patch test for any use is recommended.