Today’s recipe is vada made from Poha that is Poha Vada.
The recipe requires deep frying so people who are conscious about calorie intake may not find this to be a healthy recipe. I personally love, love, love this recipe because of its crispness. Let’s get started with the recipe it is pretty easy and quick (lazy me). Let’s talk about the recipe now.
Ingredients for Poha Vada
- 3 handful of poha
- Little besan and rice flour
- 2 small finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped coriander
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Tissue paper (for absorbing extra oil)
- Tomato or tamarind sauce
Procedure for making Poha Vada
1) Soak poha in water and discard all the water and keep aside and let the poha fluff.
2) Add chopped onion and coriander and mix well with the poha using your hand.
3) Add gram flour (besan) and rice flour just enough to make dough. Don’t add much flours as the vadas will not fry properly then.
4) Add salt and chilli powder according to your taste and mix the dough with little water. Make the dough not too hard and not tooo soft.
5) Now take oil in pan (kadhai) and heat it well.
6) Make small tikkis out of the dough and keep aside.
7) After the oil is heated sufficiently dip the tikkis in hot oil and fry on low flame till both sides turn brownish.
8) After they are evenly fried on both sides remove them and keep on tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
9) That’s it serve the poha vada hot with tomato ketchup or tamarind sauce.
- Serve the poha vada immediately till they are crispy.
- Add little flour/s else they will not turn crispy.
- You can also add veggies to the poha vada recipe.