I have not used many Vitamin C serums in my skincare routine because whichever I have tired till now have suited me perfectly. I started using Vitamin C serum some 4 years back when Vya Naturals sent me the serum in PR. Today I will help you in choosing the Best Vitamin C Serum in India.
Vitamin C serums are one of the most sought after skincare products. Vitamin C as an ingredient can be found in literally all skincare products right from face washes to body washes. It is a star ingredient owing to its antioxidant, brightening and collagen production stimulating properties. Moreover, it can significantly reduce pigmentation, fine lines and acne marks.
Inculcating a Vitamin C serum in the skincare routine is easy. Just apply, wait for 2-3 minutes before using your normal moisturizer.
Before we proceed please remember that Vitamin C is an exfoliating active ingredient, just like glycolic acid. So take due care about regularly using an SPF while using any Vitamin C product.
Best Vitamin C Serum in India
- Vya Naturals 20% Vitamin C Face Serum
- Koko Chemistry Vitamin C Serum
- Ponds Vitamin C Serum
- Derma Co 20% Vitamin C Serum
- Plum 15% Mandarin & Vitamin C Serum Glow Boost
Vya Naturals 20% Vitamin C Face Serum
Vya Naturals Vitamin C Serum was my first ever vitamin C serum that not only reduces pigmentation but also gives a real luminous look to the skin. When I first applied the serum it did give me a mild tingling sensation that settled within a few seconds. The quantity offered is very considerable as compared to the price you pay for this serum. Although being said that 20% concentration may seem a bit high for sensitive skinned beauties or for beginners. You can go in for a lesser concentration formula which we have mentioned in the list below.
- Formulated with highly stable active- Ethyl Ascorbic Acid
- Water based serum suitable for all skin types
- Helps lighten the acne scars, acne marks and pigmentation
- Additionally contains Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel extracts, Glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid
- Makes the skin even toned
- Gets absorbed quickly and can be used beneath a moisturiser and SPF
- Compact packaging although not travel friendly
- Free from parabens, harmful chemicals, artificial color and fragrance
- Not a beginner friendly Vitamin C serum due to 20% concentration
Koko Chemistry Vitamin C Serum
As mentioned earlier this is just my second vitamin C after Vya Naturals Vitamin C Serum. I didn’t have any high hopes with the serum since vitamin C does take time to show effects. Application of the serum initially gave me a little tingling sensation. Later on my skin didn’t experience any tingling sensation with alternate day use. The formulation has 20% Vitamin C (which might not seen beginner friendly). It has a super clarifying effect on my skin as I can see how my right cheek has been looking clear with the reduction of acne marks and scars. I have already repurchased this Vitamin C Serum.
- Formulation has 20% Vitamin C along with low molecular weight HA and Grape Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Rosehip Oil
- Oily skin type can skip using a moisturizer since the serum is milky in consistency
- Shows considerable amount of effects in brightening and plumpness of the skin
- Serum consistency is perfect for regular use while being light yet hydrating
- Not a beginner friendly Vitamin C serum due to 20% concentration
Ponds Vitamin C Serum
Ponds has definitely nailed this vitamin C serum while also keeping the price super affordable. Right from the packaging, consistency and efficiency of the serum everything is good. The only problem with the product is a little bit of artificial fragrance. Although the fragrance doesn’t linger much, due to the fragrance the serum may not be suitable for sensitive skin types.
- Made with 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, glycerine, Lecithin and other star ingredients
- Suitable for all skin types except sensitive skin
- Makes the skin moisturized and smooth
- Gives bright and glowing skin with regular use although shows slower results
- Texture is very lightweight without any greasy feeling
- Improves the skin texture
- Can be layered under a moisturizer or sunscreen due to watery consistency
- Beginner friendly Vitamin C Serum due to non irritating formula
- Doesn’t tingle or irritate the skin even when applied in excess
- Contains fragrance
- Percentage of Vitamin C in the serum is not known
- Fragrance feels very bitter although it’s not too lingering
Derma Co 20% Vitamin C Serum
The Derma Co vitamin C serum is formulated with 20% vitamin C. It not only makes the skin radiant and glowing as claimed, but also improves the skin’s texture and gives a healthy appearance when used regularly. I have been using it for two weeks and it helps to reduce the dullness of the skin while helping to fade away dark spots. As much as I like this product I don’t like the fact that a brand like Derma Co can’t manufacture this product in a dark coloured glass bottle. This product has higher chances of getting oxidised due to the packaging. One must keep the product away from sunlight and use it as soon as you open it. Derma Co has two vitamin C serums one with 20% concentration and other one with 10% concentration
- Vitamin C in 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid form with 20% concentration
- Has an instant brightening effect and makes the skin radiant
- Contains Ferulic acid that neutralizes free radicals, enhances antioxidant benefits, and stability of Vitamin C
- Also contains Hyaluronic Acid that helps retains moisture in the skin
- Available in two concentrations 10% Vitamin C and 20% Vitamin C that makes it easy to use according to the preference
- Shows considerable amount of effects in brightening and reducing dullness
- 20% concentration may not be feasible to use everyday
- Packaging could have been in dark coloured glass bottle
Plum 15% Mandarin & Vitamin C Serum Glow Boost
Plum Vitamin C Serum is a perfect concoction for boosting the glow of the skin. It is made with 15% Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a stable & quick absorbing Vitamin C. Additionally the blend of Japanese Mandarin & Kakadu Plum boost the performance of Vitamin C. Ethoxydiglycol & Propanediol boost the penetration of Vitamin C into the skin whereas betaine hydrates and rose extracts soothe the skin.
- Formulated with 15% Ethyl Ascorbic Acid a stable & quick absorbing Vitamin C
- Contains Japanese Mandarin along with Kakadu Plum
- Boosts collagen production in skin while giving a glow to the skin
- Contains special ingredients for boosting penetration of Vitamin C into skin
- Betaine and Rose Extracts are added for hydration and soothing skin respectively
- Product is free from artificial colours, fragrances or essential oils
- 100% vegan, paraben-free, phthalate-free
- Maybe not be a beginner friendly product
We hope you like this blog post of Best Vitamin C Serum in India useful. We will add other vitamin C serums to this list once we try them out.