Maintaining good skin might look like an unachievable dream. The daily dust, pollution, and hectic lifestyle leads to unhealthy skin. However, to get healthy skin you need to meticulously work to improve and maintain it.
There are several contributing factors to good skin, which include your diet, water intake, sleeping patterns, and physical activity. Keeping a constant check on all these factors regularly will define the health of your skin. Furthermore, good skin represents your inner contentment and happiness. It also reflects confidence and self-reliance. Thus, here are a few recommendations that will assist you in keeping your skin radiant.
- Keeping yourself hydrated works wonders: Consuming up to 2.5Ls of water everyday is necessary to help with your skin’s daily hydration requirement. To begin with, staying hydrated helps in maintaining a good pH balance of the skin. Secondly, consuming optimum quantity of water, helps in flushing out toxins from the body, which can otherwise clog your pores and lead to skin breakouts, acne or pimple eruptions and also take a major toll on your overall health.
- Always opt for a Healthy diet: A balanced and nutritious diet will help you attain that natural glow you have been eyeing for a long time. Moreover, watching your calorie intake is necessary to slow down your skin’s ageing process. Certain food items will assist in managing your skin’s nourishment requirements. For instance foods like omega-3 fatty acids facilitate a balanced gut microbiome and rejuvenates the skin. Kale is another popular source that protects the skin from light-induced skin damage. Our diets should incorporate foods that are rich in antioxidants like tomatoes to protect our skin from harmful UV rays and skin cancer.
- Moisturise your skin well: The top skin layer should get enough moisture to prevent the skin from being itchy and scaly. This is where a good moisturiser comes into the picture and smoothens the space between skin cells. Never practice excessive washing of the skin because it strips away the oily layer from the skin. Avoid applying harsh soaps and only use cleansers that are gentle on the skin and do not contain harmful chemicals. Use the moisturiser as soon as you wash your face with a natural cleanser. Moreover, apply only those skincare products that work best with your skin type.
- Monitor your stress levels: Manage your stress in the earlier stages before it is too late. Mental health and stress can have a direct impact on your skin. If your stress levels are not controlled, the secretion of a hormone called cortisol makes the skin oilier. Moreover, cortisol production also lowers the skin’s ability to fight off acne. Stress is bad not only for your skin but also for your overall health. You need to understand the reason that can trigger stress and try to avoid them.
- Use Multivitamin supplements: One of the easiest ways to attain healthy skin is to ensure that your body is getting the right nutrients. There are several products in the market that currently cater to this growing need. One of my favourites is Nyumi’s Radiant Skin Gummies. They are composed of essential Indian herbs and other vital western ingredients for your skin’s enhanced nurturing. Vitamin C, E, curcumin extract will give your skin the wholesome nourishment they have been looking for.
Following a proper skincare routine might feel tedious but it is important for keeping your skin enriched. Embracing these lifestyle hacks and spending some time of the day on yourself for good skincare can offer sustainable and outstanding results. The above-mentioned suggestions can be a good start for healthy and supple skin.