Cold pressed from the kernel of Azadirachta Indica plant commonly known as Neem, Neem oil has its roots in Sanskrit word ‘Nimba’ meaning bestower of good health. Also it is the epitome of SarvaRogaNivarini as it cures all ailments and diseases.
Cold Pressed neem oil is thick dark colored green to brown oil that has pungent, not so pleasant aroma. It solidifies in winters and is liquid in summers. Due to the Azadirachtin Content it has insecticidal and fungicidal properties. Medicinally Neem Oil has been used since ancient times particularly in rural areas to get rid of stomach worms where people used to put 2-3 drops in naval area of small children. It can also be applied to adults for clear pimple free skin.
When applied externally Neem Oil has myriad benefits for skin and hair.
Benefits of Neem Oil
- Due to its anti fungal properties Neem Oil provides relief from dry itchy scalp. Massage neem oil into scalp during monsoon season is good for hair. It also cures lice and dandruff. For better results leave it overnight and wash next day. If you are unable to tolerate neem oil smell you can also mix extra virgin coconut oil and neem oil in equal proportions and apply.
- For pimple and acne scars mix Neem oil with Jojoba oil and apply on affected area. Leave overnight and wash next day.
- For Dandruff take 10 ml each of Neem Oil and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Add 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Essential oil and pinch of camphor. Massage on hair and leave overnight. For better results you can also apply lemon juice and glycerin mixed in equal proportions on hair. Leave it for 30 mins and wash if off. Repeat every 15 days.
- For clear skin and stomach apply neem oil in naval area after bath everyday. You will see remarkable improvement in one month.
- Neem Oil is extremely helpful in skin ailments like fungal infections and Athlete foot. You can add 10 ml of Neem oil in your favourite massage oil and use.
- When it comes to gardening Neem oil is the king. It not only provides relief from plant diseases but also keep plant healthy. You can make Neem oil spray by mixing 5 ml Neem oil in 1 litre of water and use once a week.
- For mosquito put Neem oil in a diffuser or electric burner and use it to ward off insects and mosquito. It’s a very good mosquito repellent.
What are your thoughts about this versatile oil? Please let us know in comments below