Rice water is absolutely brimming with nutrients and goodness. Using rice water for skin can help it grow healthier and more radiant. Here are some ways to use rice water for skin.
Before we tell you how to use rice water for skin, let’s first take a look at what rice water actually is. When you wash rice for a meal, the water left behind is packed with all the nutrients from the rice. This water can be used to renew your skin and even make your hair stronger, longer and shinier.
Now, before you dismiss this as one of those wacky new-age treatments, you should know that using rice water for skin care dates back to the imperial courts in Japan. It is also a fairly common practice in China as well. Its ease to procure and total lack of chemicals is what makes this one of the best things you can use.
Here are some ways to use rice water for skin
Boiled rice water for skin
- To use this, you have to cook your rice with twice the amount of water that you usually put. Once the rice is made, you’ll be left with milky coloured water.
- However, you must dilute it by adding a few spoons of this water to a cup full of regular water.
- Wash your face with it at least once a day.
The quick fix method of rice water for skin
- You don’t always have to cook rice to make your own rice water face wash.
- Just soak rice in some water for around 15 minutes and drain.
- Use the water to clean your face.
Fermented rice water for skin
- All you have to do is collect rice water by using the quick fix method listed above and store it in a jar.
- It will take 2-3 days to ferment naturally.
- Once it starts to smell slightly sour, you’ll know it’s ready for use.
- You can store it in your fridge.
- As fermented rice water is quite strong, you should ideally dilute it a little with regular water before using it as a cleanser.