I am sharing an amazing, easy DIY which you can try at home easily. For body scrub we don’t need a delicate scrub but at the same time it shouldn’t be too harsh. I have a body butter which I forget to use and in summers it’s already sweating so we cannot use heavy body butters.
Today’s body scrub is easy, peasy all you need to buy is a walnut powder and honey. Let’s start with the procedure and ingredients.
- Body butter (any one which you prefer I have used Amara Organix Body Butter)
- Walnut powder (from soapytwist.com)
- Sugar, preferably brown, though I have used white
- Lemon, rose petals and essential oils (optional but I haven’t used.)
- Container (I have used Ma Earth Botanicals Rose Facial Scrub empty container)
1) Take 2 tbsp sugar and hand pound it with something to make the granules small.
2) Add 2 tbsp body butter.
3) Mix the sugar and body butter with spoon and keep on a double boiler for some time. Till the body butter melts a bit.
4) Take off from double boiler and let it cool down.
5) Add 1/2 tbsp honey and mix well.
6) Add some walnut powder and mix well.
7) Add 1/4 tbsp lemon juice, essential oils and rose petals (Rose petals need to be grounded a bit). This is a totally optional step.
8) Pour it in a container and refrigerate. Use as and when required
1) Walnut honet body scrub is a DIY and not all natural product.
2) Shelf life may depend on lemon juice content so refrigeration is a must.
3) Add honey when mixture is cooled, please don’t heat the honey
Tell me your thoughts and would you try it? Let me know your URLs also…..